Check into the Four Points by Sheraton Jacksonville Beachfront and explore around your hotel. To view more pet friendly hotels, click here. Once settled in your room, arrange in advance for Beach Life Rentals to deliver bikes and carriage (for the pup) to your hotel. Be sure to ask for a bike lock to use the bikes and carriage throughout your trip. They can also provide rental for stand-up paddle boards, kayaks, beach chairs and umbrellas.
As the sun begins to set, head to Tide Views Preserve to capture some sunset photos.
When ready for dinner, explore the dog friendly Beaches Town Center. Here are some of the dog friendly dinner recommendations with outdoor seating/patio area:
- Flying Iguana – taqueria & tequila bar.
- The Local – a little bit of everything with a great outdoor patio and drink menu.
- Poe’s Tavern – Edgar Allen Poe themed décor with burgers and pub fare.
Dog friendly breakfast/brunch recommendations with outdoor seating/patio area in the Beaches area:
- Sago Coffee – coffee shop with modern atmosphere serving craft coffee & breakfast.
- Southern Grounds – hip coffee/tea joint with great eats, one of multiple locations around Jacksonville.
- European Street Café – family-owned restaurant providing award-winning food, beer selection and service since 1980. Four locations throughout Jacksonville.
- Maple Street Biscuit Company – restaurant founded in Jacksonville and serving biscuit sandwiches & Southern sides. Multiple locations throughout Jax.
- Beach Diner – Atlantic Beach – offering breakfast and lunch favorites home cooked and made fresh every day.
After breakfast, go explore Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park. It’s a pet-friendly park with convenient beach access, over 20 miles of biking and hiking trails and a 60-acre freshwater lake for fishing and kayaking.
Dog friendly lunch recommendations with outdoor seating/patio area:
- Cantina Louie – Atlantic Beach – wide selection of a la carte tacos, unique burritos, fresh salads, specialty cocktails, and a diverse selection of Mexican Street Food.
- Culhane’s Irish Pub – Atlantic Beach – modern sports pub that specializes in “comfort food with an attitude.”
- ABBQ – authentic Texas-style BBQ restaurant, smoking only prime brisket and duroc pork to perfection.
After lunch, check out the Jacksonville Arboretum & Gardens. The 120-acre urban woodland is full of trails for you and your pup to explore and enjoy.
Before dinner, head to BrewHound Dog Park + Bar. It’s a a unique gathering place for dogs and their owners to play and mingle outside, enjoy delicious beverages, and relax. Pre-registration is required to visit.
Dog friendly dinner recommendations with outdoor seating/patio area in the Beaches area:
- Dockside Seafood Restaurant – relaxed spot with great seafood options overlooking the water.
- Salt Life Food Shack – Did you know the Salt Life brand was founded in Jacksonville Beach? Enjoy this surf themed restaurant.
- Hoptinger Bier Garden – hip pub with sausage sandwiches & other Bavarian-inspired pub grub, plus lots of craft beers on tap. There is a second location in the Riverside neighborhood.
- Angies Subs/ Angies Grom – popular counter-service sandwich shop and diner. Dine on the patio or order to go to enjoy at a park or on the beach.
- TacoLu’s – local favorite for tacos and tequila.
- Engine 15 – part of the Jax Ale Trail. Serving locally made beer and bar food.
Explore the Riverside/Five Points/Avondale area
Listed in the National Registry of Historic Places, Riverside is one of Jacksonville’s oldest and coolest neighborhoods. Voted as one of the country’s top 10 Great Neighborhoods, Riverside & Avondale have a unique mix of history, culture, charm, and modern design. This is a hip part of town with a young population. Million-dollar waterfront homes and upscale apartment buildings are the norm, but there is nothing pretentious about the area. Instead the vibe is that of community, urban living, and keeping it local.
Dog friendly breakfast recommendations with outdoor seating/patio area:
- Cool Moose Café – coffee shop serving traditional and unique homemade breakfast favorites.
- Southern Roots Filling Station – made from scratch vegan and gluten free items that are locally sourced when available and organic as much as possible.
- Bold Bean Coffee Roasters – locally roasted coffee with a variety of light breakfast options.
- Southern Grounds – hip coffee/tea joint with great eats and outdoor seating, one of 3 locations around Jacksonville (Neptune Beach, San Marco, Avondale).
After filling up on breakfast, head to the Riverside Arts Market. It’s a weekly market hosted on Saturdays, rain or shine, that features a variety of small businesses from farmers to artists to makers, bakers and food trucks.
Dog friendly lunch recommendations with outdoor seating/patio area:
- BlackSheep – modern American restaurant that is passionate about incorporating fresh, local ingredients to create beautiful and delicious food and cocktails.
- Corner Taco – Mexclectic taco joint that started out as a food truck.
- Carolina Jax – known for their Angus smash burgers, the brand is continuously labeled the best burger in Northeast Florida.
- Biscottis – a small bistro style restaurant specializing in eclectic American cuisine infused with Southern charm and some of the best desserts in Jacksonville.
- Mojo No. 4 – a premier barbecue, southern food, and craft cocktail destination
- Southern Roots Filling Station
- Southern Grounds
After lunch recommendations:
- Bark on Park Boutique – A local boutique offering natural food, baked goods, human apparel, and the most innovative and entertaining accessories in the city for your four-legged friend.
- Memorial Park – Located along the banks of the majestic St. Johns River, this six-acre park draws visitors from across the Northeast Florida community. On any given day, families and friends, athletes and yogis, sunbathers, fishermen, and readers enjoy a quiet respite with magnificent views from this landmark open space.
- Kanine Social – Where dogs and their owners are welcome to stay for a beer, a coffee, a game, or a whole day at the outdoor park. Pre-registration is required to visit.
Dog friendly dinner recommendations with outdoor seating/patio area:
Enjoy a sunrise walk or morning bike ride on the beach.
Dog friendly breakfast/brunch/lunch recommendations with outdoor seating/patio area:
Check out of the hotel and get ready to head to the Murray Hill area. One the way there, check out Dog wood Park. It’s located halfway between the Beaches area and Murray Hill.
Local art, delicious food, craft beer, and passionate makers have transformed Murray Hill into one of the most colorful neighborhoods in Jacksonville. Located between hip Riverside and historic Avondale, this old-yet-new-again area has become the spot for young entrepreneurs to open innovative restaurants, boutiques, bottle shops and businesses.
Take a self-guided tour of the Murray Hill/Avondale Murals
- Start at the corner of Edgewood Ave and Plymouth Street, which is the Bill Murray/Welcome to Murray Hill mural. Number 4 on the map linked above.
- Address for GPS purposes: 1204 Edgewood Ave S, Jacksonville, FL 32205
- Walk down Edgewood Ave to see a dozen murals created by local artists. Keep an eye out for some creative mosaics as well.
As you’re exploring the murals, stop by these places for a snack, to browse, or have lunch before heading to the airport:
- Community Loaves – baking sourdough bread with organic flour, croissants from scratch and serving a menu that highlights seasonal and local produce with outdoor patio seating.
- Vagabond Coffee – locally roasted coffee and baked goods (try their homemade pop-tarts) with an outdoor patio.
- Moon River Pizza – fun, fresh and rockin’ pizza place with hand-cut veggies, hand-made and rolled dough prepared everyday and stone baked. Order to go and dine in a nearby park.
- Fishweir Brewery – Part of the Jax Ale Trail and serving locally made beer with a relaxing outdoor green space.
- Murray Hillbilly – vegan, gluten free, southern comfort food with a spacious back patio.
- Dreamette – local favorite for ice cream and treats.
- The Walrus – juice, smoothies and vegan food.
- Bee Friends Farm – pure, raw, local honey and a variety of creamed honey.